Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Memories

Sometimes memories make you sad, but it is better to dwell on the good memories. When I think of my grandmothers, it always makes me happy. I was looking around for props today to take pics of my new bear I listed on etsy, and found some sweet memories to share. First the new bear:)



While looking around I found a bear that I made a while back but have just recently knitted a sweater for her. She has to be a her she is very Pink!




I also like primitive dolls and ornies. I like a lot of different crafts, styles, colors and very rarely stick with one particular medium. This next pic is my sewing machine cover. She used to be a rabbit! Now she is a sweet Annie with a purpose.



And finally, what inspired my post for today. This is a little doll I had from childhood. I just recently brought her home to live in my doll bed that I have had since I was 3. (Not quite an antique yet but in a few years maybe). She isn't a very pretty doll, or even worth much $ wise. She has simple plastic limbs and head but her eyes still blink! I don't remember when I got her or who exactly gave her to me, probably came from the 5 and dime store for around $2. She is stained from age and humidity on her flannel body and is finding herself very naked. Her clothes were in even more disarray. I washed them and will not part with what is left of them but I can't help wondering if she doesn't deserve more. Maybe a very delicate crocheted dress with a pair of bloomers and definetely a diaper! She brings to mind a song I learned way back then:

I dropped my dolly in the dirt,
I asked my dolly if it hurt,
and all my dolly said to me was,
Wahn,
Wahn,
Wahn,Wahn,Wahn.

She may not be very pretty and doesn't have much potential in the doll world, but she has sweet memories that won't ever be forgotten.



Remembering,

Gina
XXXOOO!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gina,
    thanks for being my 13th follower ! As appreciation and loving the #13 ( my favorite number ) I would like to send you one of my Artist Trading Cards :)
    Please send my your address and I will be delighted to mail you one of my free ooak cards !
    My email address is ;
    bcherish@sbcglobal.net

    Thanks again Gina. Love your sweet sweet blog, I find such peace & joy viewing it. Have a beautiful day !
    hugzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina I am so glad you shared this. What wonderful thoughts.
    How lucky are you! Jann makes the most beautiful cards. She has such a giving heart. She lives in fort worth so I hope to have lunch with her some day if I am down her way:)

    Sending you a big hug! The world is a better place because of you!

    XXXOOOO
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina I am nominating you for 2 awards! Go to my blog and pick them up. This is a great way to get new followers plus YOU DESERVE IT!!!!
    XXXOOOOO I love you
    Becky

    ReplyDelete