Monday, March 30, 2009

What's Up

Been busy and distracted! Well, a lot since my last post. The day of my last post, friday the 13th do doubt, my dog Daisy Mae, yes we are from the south, passed away. Then on Sunday my dear beloved decided to clean out the Koi pond. We didn't realize that our illustrious city water had new additives and we ended up losing 2 of my largest Koi and several other fish including one of the shebunkin babies who was 6 inches long. Needless to say I was not very pleased! My husband is wonderful and tried to make it up to me by getting us a new puppy on the following wednesday. Then, yes there is more, on the following saturday my hamster died. (We are very much animal lovers) Although, my allergy Dr. would probably jump for joy at the news of fewer animals in my home, I was less enthused. Daisy was 11 and had a full life and we enjoyed her very much, she will still be missed greatly even though the new puppy takes up every minute of every day.

So yes, there has been little time for crafting, can't seem to concentrate long enough. Then there are the endless potty breaks between 2 dogs that are not on the same schedule what so ever! The puppy, Chanel, pronounced like the cologne, is doing much better than the 1st day. She is sleeping longer at night, playing by herself more, and has only had 2 accidents in the house which both were probably my fault for not watching the clock. It is very hard to concentrate when you are sleep deprived! But last night, she slept from 9:30 til 3:00 a.m., it was wonderful not getting up every 2 hours. I likes my sleeps! She is a real sweetheart and so far has been very trainable. She was 6 1/2 weeks and 7.6 lbs. when we got her. She is now 9 weeks, don't know the weight but has grown at least 3 inches taller already. So I will leave you with a pic of my current time waster. HaHa




These were taken on 3-21-2009, she has since started losing her baby face and looks more like a lab. What a personality!

Hopefully, the way she is progrssing I should be back to crafting shortly.

Hugzz
Gina

3 comments:

  1. OOOO Gina she is soooo cute! Although my sister warns me she will be taking a dip in your pond soon. Labs love water! She will be rambunctious until about 2 years old when she will calm down and be a joy:)
    Lisa said to keep her busy and Maybe a KONG treat ball because she will Chew EVERYTHING!!!! They are smart and full of life and wonderful family dogs. Great with those Grandchildren you will someday have:)
    Miss YOU! Time for a craft and Fun day.... I am in withdrawls:)
    XXXOOO LOVE YOU
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH GINA,
    my condolences on losing Daisy. So sorry to hear that. I have been down that sad road and know how much it hurts, our pets become such a part or our lives , yes like children and the death of one is so painful. I have had to put several of my dogs to sleep and cried my eyes out . I am so happy you got another puppy though, I think that is the way to go and I LOVE THE NAME CHANEL, super cool, honestly love that. Have fun with all the puppy stage even though at times it gets frustrating . The puppy stage can be such fun, just enjoy it :)
    Sorry about the poor fish and hamsters too, wonderful that you love animals so much.
    SWEETIE, I FEEL SO BAD for being so long sending you some art work for being my 13th follower :( please forgive me ? I have been having root canal problems and dealing with the dentist...I lost your address . Could you resend it ?? or I could send you something through email if you want, send me your email and I would love to send you some PINK images ??
    my email addy is bcherish@sbcglobal.net
    sorry for being so darn late sending you the art card but hopefully things will get back to some type of art work making. Again, thank you for being my friend, I will put a link from my blog to yours, so when you find some free time from puppies, check it out. HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heres your 3rd comment. You gotta get busy girl and start following some blogs:) Check out Tina Bear on the list I follow I think you will love her stuff.

    Anyway Isn't Clarece just the cutest! And the kids are getting so big. Colton is 5 and Kaysen is 2 1/2 Hope your weekend is going well. Went with Clay today and did a HUGE grocery shop we haven't really done that in a couple of months. Monday back to Mom's and tuesday and thursday and Maybe Friday but only 2 weeks till the big event!!!!!
    Miss you:)
    XXXOOOO
    Love
    Becky

    ReplyDelete